Saturday, December 31, 2016

Merry Christmas friends!

Merry Christmas friends! I hope you and yours had an amazing advent and Christmas Day. We are now living the Christmas season in anticipation of Epiphany.

I don't know about you but after Christmas, I always feel a renewed sense of passion and a drive to be better, serve more, be more of who God has called me to be. You know, New Years Resolutions and all.

I hope that you will join me as I try to live out Howard Thurman's words, below. Thurman was an author, theologian and leader/mentor of the Civil Rights Movement.

“Now the Work of Christmas Begins” by Howard Thurman

When the song of the angels is stilled,
when the star in the sky is gone,
when the kings and princes are home,
when the shepherds are back with their flocks,
the work of Christmas begins:
to find the lost,
to heal the broken,
to feed the hungry,
to release the prisoner,
to rebuild the nations,
to bring peace among the people,
to make music in the heart.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years my friends. May God bless you all abundantly in 2017!

Rev. Michelle